Allergy Statistics In America
ALLERGIES IN NORTH AMERICA
- Approximately one in five or more than 50 million (53,980,772) Americans suffer from allergic diseases.
- An estimated 37,786,541 Americans have a pollen allergy relief.
- Between six and seven million adults in the US have a food allergy relief.
- Roughly 20 million Americans have asthma -- three times as many as 25 years ago. One in eight children suffer from the disease.
- It is estimated that 12,000,000 American have food allergies.
- In 2002, approximately 14 million office visits to health care providers were attributed to allergic rhinitis.
- Allergies are the 6th leading cause of chronic disease in the United States, costing the health care system $18 billion annually.
- Chronic sinusitis is the most commonly reported chronic disease, affecting 16.3% of people (nearly 32 million) in the United States in 1997.
- It was estimated in 1998 that increased absenteeism and reduced productivity due to allergies cost U.S. companies more than $250 million.
- The estimated overall costs of allergic rhinitis in the United States in 1996 totaled $6 billion.
- The Cincinnati Children's Hospital states that not only has the number of children suffering from allergies increased, so has the severity of the allergic reactions.
- Over 6 million people in Canada have allergies.
- An estimated 4,182,998 Canadians suffer from pollen allergies.
- 12% of Canadian children are affected by asthma and it continues to be a major cause of hospitalization in Canada.
- In 1993, over $12 billion was spent on asthma.
Suffering with Aches and Pains?
At Haggard Chiropractic, we are highly experienced at providing pain relief with chiropractic care. Call now to get started with your customized treatment plan!
What Our Patients Are Saying
Listen to our patients share their experiences and find out why we are the top rated chiropractic clinic in the Phoenix and Peoria-area.
Get $49 New Patient Special!
Come in to Haggard Chiropractic for a Consultation, Exam, X-Ray of the Complaining Area, and 1 Qualified Treatment for Only $49 (value $349).
*Terms & Conditions Apply